Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pre-blog

I'll start out by posting what has happened before this blog was created. This blog will show the building and life of my 66 Mustang. Please bookmark the site and feel free to comment. I hope to put up a lot of useful information. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------

February, 2007

I dated a girl back in high school by the name of Lisa. Although the dating thing only lasted a little while, we're still friends to this day. I went to her house one time, and while over there, she mentioned something about a mustang. I went outside in the garage and stared in amazement. Rusty as she was, she was beautiful. Lisa told me she hated the car because it smelled musty and was ugly. I disagreed wholeheartedly.

I said "so does your mom drive it?"

"No, it just sits here and she starts it sometimes"

"Well would she sell it?"

"Nope, no way, I've tried many times"

"Well promise me this; if she ever does sell it, let me know!"

And we went on about our business. Well, 4 years later, I receive a call. Lisa says that her mom is moving to Houston, and she's selling it. I call her mom up, we agreed to $4000 (steep, I know, but I knew it meant a lot to her), and I came over the next day.

March 12-16, 2007

WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!???

Yes, the car was nothing like what I thought it was. The carburetor (original Autolite 1100) was screwed, the engine ran average, and it needed a whole new fuel system, not to mention leaks everywhere. I did a full tune up, replaced the gas tank, fixed the parking brake, replaced the shifter bushings, washed it many times, ran it into my parents garage door :), and replaced the transmission (C4) pan & filter. That stopped about 2 leaks :)

No comments: