Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Daily Driver!

Summer 2007

Yes, believe it or not, I drove the car almost every day for several months, will little to no problems during that time. I thought I was awesome. The car ran pretty dang good, and it was time to start focusing on the unimportant stuff, like the looks :)

Stupid move.

I was driving my car home from work, when I stopped at a mustang shop to pick up a headlight switch. I pulled in, they didn't have it, and I left pretty angry. I had waited forever for that thing. I started the drive home, about 2 miles. Pulled up to a busy intersection, and the car died. No big deal I thought, because it had done that couple times before. I restarted it and KABOOM! Restarted again (why?) and KABOOM again. Finally after freakin out, got it restarted, just enough for it to roll into a parking lot across the street. I opened the hood. Didn't see any smoke, leaks, or anything. Checked the oil and transmission fluid and both appeared fine. I think though, that they were empty, and a slight film of oil had appeared (for some crazy reason).

I limped the car home, somehow, the rest of the way. Killed it, and that was the last breath it took.

No comments: