Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's getting close!

Hopefully tonight it will be drivable. Right now, it will drive up and down the road, but it's kinda sluggish, the timing is off, and it just needs a good tuning.

I put new hoses on the transmission hard line, the fuel line, and made a new heater hose outlet for the block. No one nearby makes a 3/8 NPT x 5/8" barb connector...

I remade my headlight relay, and I must say, it looks freaking awesome. I'll put up a picture in a little while. I made a bracket and bolted it to an existing hole in the firewall, so I didn't have to cut any holes in the metal. I cut a 2" x 3" x 1/8" piece of sheet metal, drilled 3 holes in it (sort of a triangle shape). I used the top to bolt to the fender. It actually is: screw > bracket > spacer > fender > washer > nut. The other two holes are where the relay bolts into.

No comments: