Thursday, December 2, 2010

Clutch Pedal Notes

If I haven't pointed it out before, I'm totally new to all this manual trans. stuff.   So when I got all the clutch pedal parts in the mail, it took me a few days to realize some parts were not there. 


The lower clutch rod (attaches to the equalizer bar and pushes on the clutch fork) was missing, but is now on it's way thanks to the very helpful seller. 

I will also be upgrading the clutch linkage to heim joints, and adding a roller bearing assembly to the brake pedal support (see image below).  The heim joints method should save on the pressure it takes to push the pedal, but I don't think I'll be adding the bearings - I don't have a welder, nor do I know how to weld.  I can always do this later if necessary.


Thanks to Mustang Steve for the image.  I'll be buying his kit - it looks slick!

No comments: