Sunday, November 13, 2011

Brakes

Replacing brake lines is easy.

Replacing stock 1966 brake lines (single-bowl master cylinder, all drum brakes) becomes quite a bit more difficult when you have Granada discs up front, a dual master cylinder, and dual exhaust.

I've been working on ordering my brake parts and lines lately, and I've realized how Frankenstein-ish my car is.  It will be a dual-exhaust car, which only came on the 66 HIPO V8s.  It has front discs, which came on some V8s.  It has 10 x 1-3/4" brakes, which are equipped on my 8" rearend.  None of this came on my car, stock, obviously.

In addition to this stuff (which really isn't too bad), is the brake line kit I need to order.  66's never came with dual master cylinders, so it takes a little bit of rerouting when it comes to the lines from the MC to the Distribution Block.  I've decided to purchase 66 Stainless steel, dual exhaust disc/drum brake lines, and I will fabricate what remains to finish off the system.

In addition to this, I've already purchased all new drum components for the rear.  A little tip if you're ordering off of Rockauto.com (my favorite place to order replaceable components), is that the wheel cylinders you want for the 8" rear are the ones with a 7/8" bore (will sometimes say "from 04/1966").

1 comment:

Pervez Joarder said...

This approach will of that time period always be pretty suitable for numerous just about any jobs File need to will never lone with wonderful site add-ons follow-up check cashing costa-mesa Take care rather a lot exclusively for exceptional know-how.