Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Housekeeping

I got quite a few things done over the last few days, but haven't posted too much...

I removed the axle bearings and retainers.  I still don't know of any shop that will press on axle bearings for cheap, so I might just buy a press and do it myself.  Stupid overpriced shop prices...

I also finally got the front leaf spring bolt cut out.  That was one of the hardest things to "work on," on this car.  But ironically, once I got a the correct size cutoff disc (5" is minimum) and the angle grinder offset the way I wanted it, it came off with a snap.

The third thing I got finished was not really on my own; I had my brake pedal support bracket welded up with Mustang Steve's Ballbearing Clutch Pedal Conversion Kit. I can't wait to get it back tomorrow.  As a tip, we found that the large fender washers to be tacked on the inside of the support bracket do not necessarily need to be tack-welded on.  They have an ID very close to the shaft, so they will still space as they are intended. I think.   We'll see....

Hmm, I also ordered a T-5 Adapter Plate for my C4 to T-5 Swap.  It set me back $113, which wasn't too bad considering they're normally $160 + shipping.  Now all I have left is the T-5, shifter, clutch kit, and some miscellaneous parts.

The last thing I got done was cleaning up my atrocious garage.  Seriously, it was bad.  Embarrassing even...  My wonderful wonderful wife helped me clean up a ton of crap and load it on the truck to take to the dump.  After that, I had a few quarts of ATF that had leaked all over the floor from the C4, that kitty litter made quick work of.  I got a new crate to put all my bagged & tagged parts in, and swept the floor of all the dirt/grime/etc. Finally I don't feel as if I'm in a rats nest working.

Well that's all for now.  Gotta track down some things and get some more work done.

No comments: