Thursday, September 1, 2011

An Auto No More

She's gone!

I've always thought "well, if things really go to heck, I can always resort back to the Auto," but that is officially out the window.  The auto is gone, and now it's just a matter of time before I can purchase a rebuilt T-5 (hopefully quickly...money burns around here).

With the ATF-sieve sold, I finally have enough money freed up to purchase the T-5, which will leave me with approximately $406 to go on my inline 6 T-5 Conversion.  That $406 basically comprises of: Shifter Base, Transmission Mount, Clutch Kit, Throwout Bearing, Roller Pilot Bearing, Shifter, Shifter Boot, Shifter Boot Trim, and a Speedometer Gear.  Note that the Shifter alone is $150, so perhaps I can cut a few bucks off by going with a lesser model or a used one...I'm not sure.

Oh, in other news, there's about umpteen jillion gallons of Automatic Transmission Fluid all over my garage right now.  Joy, joy.  Time to buy some Kitty Litter.

No comments: