Saturday, October 30, 2010

T-5 Toys

Headed out to a new "classics" junkyard this morning (dang it was chilly) to look at a 66 Falcon.  Well, I found the Falcon but didn't find anything useful in it.  I did, however, come across a 67 Mustang Coupe, with an I6 in it.  It had a manual transmission in it at one time, but it's long gone.  Luckily, the bellhousing, clutch fork, throwout bearing, block plate, flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate were still there.  I got the guys to lift the engine out of the car, and started removing parts.  I didn't need all these parts, but I did manage to get the bellhousing, clutch fork & throwout bearing, block plate, and 9" flywheel, all for $60 + tax.  Not a bad deal!!

I'm still on the search for the clutch pedal from the 65-66 Mustang (and brake pedal, that'd be nice).  I believe a 65 Falcon pedal would also work, but I  a) am not sure, and b) don't have a 65 Falcon to pull one from.  That search will continue on for a while.  As for now, I've got a lot of cleaning up to do, then I'll post some pics.

No comments: