Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What was actually done...

Due to some very unexpected family issues (not bad ones!), I was actually out of town most of the break.  That's okay though, I wouldn't have accomplished a lot, as I needed some specific things I did not have.  Here's my previous list, with what was actually accomplished, and my excuses (they all stink).
  • I got some more sanding done on the front...just about all of it is gone.  Hopefully I can get the last of it.  Shouldn't be too hard.  
  • I'd like to get some aircraft stripper and give it a whirl on the fenders/hood, to see how much crap I can remove.  Problem with that is, I don't really know what to do after that.  After stripping all the paint off, to bare metal, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get surface rust on the body.  I'll need to coat it with something, but I don't know with what, or how to coat it.
    •  Didn't do this out of fear that the "fresh" metal would rust.  I need to pick up some more primers & rust preventative before I start this.
  • This is not really a goal, but would be a nice milestone.  I am supposed to pick up my leaf springs from Dallas Mustang, but I'm not sure if they'll have them this week.
    • Shocker, they didn't have them, and still don't.
  • I will attempt installing the clutch and brake pedal parts on the brake pedal support bracket.  But, I'll also be removing said bracket, to get it ready for welding (roller support bearings).
  • Thought about removing the stock export braces, but, I'd like to remove the engine eventually, and redo the engine bay...maybe.  Sheesh it sucks that I'd have to strip all of that off, after I primed & spray-painted it a couple years ago.  But, do I want to do it right?  Maybe.  Decisions decisions...
    • Removed a lot of the wiring, brake lines, etc. from the engine bay, as well as started getting it ready to pull the engine.  I also started to drain the antifreeze, only for it to barely drain out any.  I had to squeeze the hoses over and over to get it to pump out of there.  I then remembered I don't have my lift bar, which I need.  So I will get that, and I can proceed to pull it out of there, and remove the C4 (to sell).
  • Sanding down the interior, and removing the rear quarter panel parts.
    • Nope, didn't get this done, besides removing the rocker panel mouldings.

Now time to spend some more money on prepping paint stuff!

No comments: